Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tuesday Night for St. Judes

Every year around this time Chili's has their annual St. Judes fundraiser. We try and get guest to donate money for St. Judes Children's Hospital. We usually have t-shirts and key chains people can buy or they can just donate. Usually each Chili's has a big fundraising event. This year our event was at Dan McGuiness Pub , where we had a live cover band and drink specials. People could donate at the door come in and enjoy good music.
It was a large number of people that came out, even servers and managers from different Chili's came out to celebrate. I wasn't going to go because I had to work but I was conivced to go. I'm glad I went though, I was in good company and got to drink with managers. I remember teaching some girls some of my famous dance moves and joking around with them. I got to try some fried pickles for the first time, which didn't taste all that good to me.
Eventhough this was an event for St. Judes, it turned out to be just another fun night at the bar. Some random person who knew bought everybody at the bar shots of Starry Nights which is Goldschlager and Jager, not the best tasting shot but you feel the affects later. As the bar was closing down, a goup of us decided to take the party to IHOP at around two in the morning. Only problem was Half of us were drunk.
I decided not to eat but needed some coffee to sober up. As I'm walking to the bathroom I walked by two stained glass windows that had the earth on them. One side had North and South America on it the other had the rest of the continents. As everybody was eating and talking , I studied this globe closer and noticed that Antartica was missing and I decided to tell our sever. I wrote my findings on a comment card.

No comments:

Post a Comment